This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

A favorite past time of mine is watching awards shows, mainly for the fashion. Who am I kidding? I watch them specifically for the fashion.  In honor of this year’s Oscars, I have compiled a subjective list of the worst and best dressed, along with a very Fashion Police-esque commentary. Enjoy!

Let us start with my top three picks for Worst Dressed:

Solange: Are these pants? Is this a dress? Perhaps a turtleneck sweater dress pantsuit combo? The best way I can describe Solange’s ensemble would be shapes. It is shapes.

Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga was almost classy… almost. While the dress is beautiful and flattering on Lady Gaga, the gloves completely detract from both the dresses beauty and her beauty.

Keira Knightley: As much as I love Keira, her dress fell short for me. The flowers look very fake and childish. It’s a no from me. *In my Simon Cowell voice*

Saving the best for last, here are my top three picks for Best Dressed:

Jennifer Aniston: In my mind, Jennifer Aniston can literally do no wrong. This dress is elegant and looks perfect on her in everyway. A+! 

Rosamund Pike: Red is classic Hollywood. It is hard to stand out on the red carpet while wearing red, but Rosamund has no problems with this. She is simply stunning, and the dress perfectly compliments her figure.

Scarlett Johansson: While the dress is relatively simple, the color is absolutely gorgeous on her. I love the neckline and necklace thing going on as well. It is bold without being overpowering. This dress is an absolute yes! 

My name is Alexis Emmou! I am a Senior Communication major, English minor at Texas A&M University. I love reading, writing, and all things entertainment. I aspire to be a television broadcaster. Thanks and Gig 'Em! :)