This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Over the years I’ve collected way too many eyeshadow palettes. I’m pretty sure I have twenty, if not more. I’m going to be rating my top five on pigmentation, color selection, and packaging. Let’s get to it!

Tarte’s Tartelette in Bloom

This is one of my favorite every day palettes. I typically use nudes when I’m doing a day look so this one is perfect. The mirror is also super big, so when I travel I don’t have to worry about having a nice mirror with me.

Pigmentation: 10/10, Tarte never fails me with the quality of their colors. Color Selection: 7/10, most of the colors are nudes so there’s not a lot of variety, but they’re still super pretty. Packaging: 9/10, I honestly just want to display this one on my vanity because it’s so pretty

Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar

I absolutely love this palette. It smells and looks like an actual chocolate bar! I had wanted it for so long and I finally got my hands on one. This palette has more color variety so I can easily use it for day or night looks.

Pigmentation: 9/10, some colors require a few extra layers to show up well on my eyes, but overall they’re pretty pigmented. Color Selection: 9/10, there’s a good variety of matte and sparkling nudes, but there’s also brighter colors like Candied Violet if you’re feeling adventurous. Packaging: 100/10, chocolate bar or eye shadow palette??? Obsessed.

Urban Decay’s Naked Cherry

PINK. PINK. PINK!! All my friends know I am a sucker for pink. My room kind of looks like a pink explosion, but I’m absolutely okay with that. Needless to say, this palette is perfect for me.

Pigmentation: 8/10, the colors are pretty easy to work with, but some require extra layers. Color Selection: 8/10, the shades of pink vary pretty well. Some are more of a peachy pink and others are more of a dark fuchsia. Packaging: 8/10, this Naked palette stands out from its predecessors really well. It’s a chicer design and I love it.

Tarte’s Shake Your Palm Palms

One of my best friends gave this to me for my birthday and I think the colors and packaging are so fun. And it smells like coconut so that’s a plus. It’s a great size for traveling and has both sparkly and matte colors.

Pigmentation: 10/10, I will always hype up Tarte’s pigments. Color Selection: 7/10, this is a definitely a vibrant palette with different color options to choose from, but it only has eight eyeshadows. Packaging: 9/10, I think this is so cute, and it makes me want to go on a tropical vacation…but COVID…

Too Faced’s Natural Eyes

I think this was my second palette I ever purchased, so I have gotten a lot of use out of it. I don’t have the updated packaging, but if I ever run out of the eyeshadows, I will definitely buy another!

Pigmentation: 7/10 some of the lighter colors take more layers depending on your skin tone, but once you have the right amount, the color looks great. Color Selection: 7/10, this palette is similar to Tarte’s Tartelette In Bloom so it’s mostly nudes. Packaging: 8/10, the palette I personally have isn’t super detailed, but it has an elegant look that I really like. I would give the updated palette shown in the photo above a 10/10 because they really stepped up their game.

I have quite a few other palettes, and some new ones I have my eyes on, but these are some of my favorites by far.

Howdy! My name is Lisa and I am a junior communication major at TAMU! I am from the small town of Kerrville, TX. I serve our chapter as the PR Exec. I also love dogs and mac and cheese :)