This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Last night was one of the biggest televised events of all time. I’m not talking about the Superbowl or the umpteenth season of the Voice or America’s Got Talent. I’m talking about the Euphoria Season 2 Finale. My friends and I have been religiously watching the hit television drama on Sundays for the past 8 weeks. We had our pizza and candy ready to go as we delved into the last episode of the season.

Starting right off the bat, we are immediately placed back into Fez’s apartment, with Custer, Faye’s horrendous boyfriend, coming to wiretap them and give this information to the police. As Fez gets all gussied up to go see Lexi’s play, all hell breaks loose.

Faye tips off Fez that the feds are listening in. Ash kills Custer. Despite his older brother’s pleading, Ash locks himself up in the bathroom, and after the FBI raids their house, engages in a shootout, wounding Fez and getting himself killed in the process.

While all of this is going on, we are still going through the motions of Lexi’s play, Our Life. The play walks us through Lexi’s viewpoint of growing up with Cassie, her friendship with Maddy and Cat, and how her friendship with Rue faltered. The characters continue to deliver scene after scene until Cassie has decided she has had enough (especially after Nate kicked her to the curb).

Stomping her way onto the stage, Cassie has a meltdown for the ages. I can’t say I wouldn’t be upset either but crashing my sister’s play after getting broken up with? I wouldn’t go there. At least it was interesting to watch!

While Cassie rants on stage, Maddy calls her out, and we as viewers finally get to see the fight we’ve been WAITING for! Maddy showed Cassie who’s in charge as in their bathroom scene, there wasn’t a single hair out of place or broken nail in sight. Meanwhile, Cassie looked like she had definitely seen better days. Their friendship is dead and gone. I’ll miss the iconic duo.

In an abandoned warehouse somewhere in town, Nate Jacobs finally meets up with his dad, Cal, for the first time after storming out of his own home and peeing all over the hardwood floors of his own home after spilling every secret of his to his family. Less than five minutes after their chat begins, the police roll up to the building, ready to take in Cal Jacobs after Nate told them about his videos and his damning actions.

I’m going to skip right past the part where we had to listen to Elliot’s four-minute-long song that he made for Rue. I saw the meaning there, but I wanted to yawn. Sam Levinson, why was screen time wasted on this!

At the very end of the play and episode itself, Jules approaches Rue to check in on her after the play and see her father’s funeral re-enacted. They share no words, but Rue gives her a quick kiss on the top of her head and bolts out. Seeing Rue clean and working on herself and not immediately going back to Jules was awesome. I feel like we’re watching her fight an uphill battle for her sobriety, but I’m still rooting in her corner for her.

Overall, the season finale did feel a little lackluster to me. But nevertheless, I was entertained. There were some plot holes that I was hoping would get cleared up. But alas, there are no answers. I can’t wait to see what Season 3 brings when it comes out in the next few years!

Howdy! I'm Anyssa Perez, a senior marketing major from Houston, Texas! I love writing in my free time and am so excited to get to write as a part of HerCampus!