This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Finally! It’s officially one of the most beautiful, magical times of the year: Autumn! Whether you’re up North or down South, Fall has so many wonderful things that come along with it. It’s football season, the weather is starting to cool down, the scenery is breathtaking, and all of the holidays are coming up! Fall also gives us the opportunity to get creative and decorate. Here are some of the best DIY porch decorations for this lovely season:

Whether you’re on a tight college budget or you have a bunch of cash to lay down on decorations, this idea is super easy. Get some stencils and black spray paint for a local shop and make yourself a “welcome” sign from a long plank. Put some cute little pumpkins to hold it in place, and you’ve got yourself an awesome decoration!

How adorable is this? Whether your address has three or four numbers, this is a super simple, yet super charming way to display your numbers. Another way to do it is to carve out your address numbers and put a candle or glow stick inside.

I love all these ideas, but this one is by far my favorite. Turn your front door into a mummy! You can use toilet paper or stripped up poster paper rolls and stick it on with clear tape. Make googly eyes with black, sturdy poster paper. Bonus: paint glow-in-the-dark paint onto the eyes.

Speaking of glow-in-the-dark paint, drip some onto your steps (if you have some) or on the sides of your door. Green ooze will spew from the walls… 

beware of the Hash Slinging Slasher!!!

Super easy glowing ghost! Just get some sheer cloth, fishing wire and some Christmas lights to whip this baby up.

Whether you make the entire wreath by yourself or you buy an already made wreath, decorate your front door with one of these gorgeous ornaments. Add your initial(s) to it for the final touch.

I love owls, and they seem to be a huge trend right now, so decorate your door with a cute, hand-painted owl.

Once again, it’s football season! WHOOP! Put an old (or new) football in the center of a wreath, and put it on your front door.

Window silhouettes are awesome. You kind find print outs online or already cut out shapes at your local store. Tape them onto your window and when night comes around, you’ve got yourself a spooky scenery shining out of your windows!

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.