girl in the Scottish Highlands
girl in the Scottish Highlands
Lauren Zweerink
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Dear 2022,

From me to you, I hope you inspire me. I hope you remind me what childhood innocence and joy feel like. May you push me to appreciate the beauty in nature, the feeling of sunshine on my skin, and the wind in my hair. I wish you push me out of my comfort zone, lead me to new friendships, and drive me towards my goals. I hope you continuously remind me of the power of family, community, love. Highlight the little things in my life that bring me the most joy, the things that I should prioritize more.

May you, 2022, fill my heart with gratitude, appreciation, and feelings of contentment. May I be the friend who checks in on others, sends texts that seem like love letters, surprises others with coffee. May I be the friend surrounded by people who encourage me, add excitement and laughter to my life, and who love me unconditionally. Let this be the year I am the family member who always calls, texts, or checks in. Let me be the daughter who is conscious of being present in the moment. Let me be the sister my brothers can come to when they need advice or a shoulder to cry on. Let this year bring peace to those who have lost loved ones.

2022, may you be the year I am comfortable with myself- my body, brain, heart, sense of humor, style, my dreams, 2022, may you be the year I am comfortable with myself- my body, brain, heart, sense of humor, style, dreams, or even my deepest secrets. I hope this year is the year my manifestations come true. Can you do that, 2022? I hope for every human being that this year brings peace. I hope we as humans feel at peace with ourselves, our decisions, and our past, present, and future. Bring more moments that make your heart glow, less heartbreak. More moments where we allow ourselves to shine unapologetically and fewer instances where we apologize for taking up space.

2022, remind me to prioritize self-care. It is not a reward or something to be pushed to the side until the time is right, but instead something that should be treated to the same extent as an important interview or presentation. Remind me when I forget that mental and physical health are equally important. Lastly, 2022, my wish is growth in all areas; to be reminded every day that I am growing into my best self. I want to be proud of my strengths, be confident in who I am, and be someone others could consider a safe space. And while I know that you, 2022, are full of possibilities, may this letter be a reminder of who I want to be this year, the boundaries I have for myself, and the standards I hold myself to. I love you already and look forward to the changes, growth, memories, people, laughs, and more that I am yet to discover.

Sincerely, 

Camryn Horst 

Howdy! I'm a junior psychology major at Texas A&M (WHOOP!) from Dripping Springs, Texas! I have a passion for reading, writing, Kenya, traveling, mental health, and coffee!