This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

If you are still looking for Special Topic credits to add to your schedule this Spring, here are a few classes with amazing professors: 

FILM 489/VIST 489: Story for the Screen with Dr. Michelle Simms 

This is a special topic course in screenwriting with Dr. Simms that allows you to understand the language used in film, animation, and game creations. This is a great class to take if you are interested in the entertainment industry or want to learn about how stories are created through screenwriting. Dr. Simms comes highly recommended by yours truly! Although I did not take this specific class, I did have her for another FILM course and she was very passionate about the movie industry and even shared her own experience of working in the field. 

JOUR 489: Visual Journalism with Tom Burton 

This directed study will allow students to focus on visual journalism. Professor Burton is an award winning photojournalist who likes to bring in his own experience while teaching and encourages his students to have hands-on experiences. As someone who has take a different class with Professor Burton, I can also highly recommend his teaching style. His teaching style was something that I could easily follow and I enjoyed hearing the stories he shared from his time in the field. 

JOUR 489: Broadcast journalism with Dr. Larry Lemmons 

If you are interested in Broadcast journalism, you need to check out this class for the spring. Dr. Larry Lemmons has an extensive background in broadcast and is known for sharing their experiences and tips for the field. Although I have not take a class with Dr. Lemmons, there are great reviews from faculty and students a like.

Definitely check out these courses if you are interested in any of these industries. I am sending good vibes for your registration, if you have not registered already, and that you get the schedule you want for Spring 2023.

Please note that these courses require a junior or senior classification; or approval from the instructor.  

I'm Gabby - Events Director of Her Campus TAMU. I'm part of the class of 2023, majoring in Telecommunication Media Studies (with a minor in Film). I am dreaming of traveling the world, making movies, and reading books.