This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Step 1: find a random man in New York trying to sell tickets.

He’s going to keep dropping the price until you eventually cave in and buy the tickets. So, we stood there for 15 minutes. My mom thought that the tickets were fake and the reviews before were pretty sketchy. The reviews mentioned expensive drinks, small crowded room, and bad jokes. The public rated it 3.8/5 stars. My whole family (mom, dad, brother, and me) paid $90 for tickets + $80 drinks = $170 or more for service charges! Pretty expensive, but so is everything in New York!

This was the comedy club we went to! It was called the Broadway Comedy Club.

Step 2: show up 30 minutes early. You can show up a little later, but we showed up early to ensure seats and a place to see the acts.

Some downsides:

1. If you are in the front, you have a high chance of being picked on for jokes
  2. If you sit in the back, it is crowded and you might not get a good view of the stage
  3. There is usually a two drink requirement, so it is not cheap to watch a comedy show 
  4. Some comedians will be funny, but some will not be funny and be awkward

Here were some of my favorite topics that they talked about:

1. Asian stereotypes are super relatable 
  2. Mentioned a lot of jewish stereotypes 
  3. Talked about unemployment benefits 
  4. Told a story about working at chipotle (I love chipotle)
  5. Clever joke about being bullied by a mosquito
Emma Katelyn Nguyen is the treasurer at the Her Campus at TAMU chapter. She oversees the financial statements and accounts for Her Campus and manages member dues, cost of events, etc. Beyond Her Campus, Emma does research in neuropharmacology, volunteers at the hospital, and occasionally walks in fashion shows. She is studying Public Health for her degree. She one day hopes to become a doctor with effective communication skills and writing skills supported by the skills learned with the Her Campus family. Emma hopes to create articles that are fun light-hearted college experiences. She loves talking about culture and experiencing different kinds of culture. Along with culture, Emma enjoys traveling and gaining new perspectives to life.