Chip Chrome and the Monotones: Out September 25th!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Good news, folks! The Neighbourhood (aka the band that made Sweater Weather) is back and better than ever.

My favorite band, which most people know by know, is releasing an album, Chip Chrome and the Monotones, on Friday, September 25th. They’ve released a few singles so far and snippets of other songs and let me tell you… they are phenomenal. They also all come with music videos… a true blessing. Here’s my opinion on the singles they’ve released so far. 

Devil’s Advocate

The grooviest, coolest, and most danceable song yet. This song makes me want to (safely) speed down the highway with the windows down and my hair flying. It is so fun and my serotonin levels shot up so high when I heard it for the first time (they released it on my birthday!). This is a perfect addition to your “Put on Your Dancing Shoes” playlist. 

Middle of Somewhere

This song makes me so emotional, yet I feel so at peace listening to this song. It was used in a prison TikTok that gained a lot of traction, so that’s fun. This one is the perfect addition to your “Crying at 6pm on a Friday Night” playlist.

Pretty Boy

Now this song…this one is soothing. This is a sitting in your bed, face mask on, wine in one hand and snack in the other song. It’s a slower song but still makes you want to sway your head to the music. This is a perfect addition to your “Calm Thursday Night” playlist.

Cherry Flavoured

Yes, the “U” is supposed to be there. Cherry Flavoured was the first single released after Middle of Somewhere released last August. Not only did this one come with an amazing music video, but it also set the tone for how phenomenal Chip Chrome and the Monotones is going to be! This song is great for driving down the coast at night by yourself with the windows down. It makes me feel very calm. Perfect for your “I Just Finished Crying and Now Need a Breather” playlist.

I’m so excited for Chip Chrome and the Monotones to release this Friday and I hope you are too!

Howdy! My name is Nadia Lynn Garcia. I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas A&M University! I love music, concerts, travel, and graphic design, but my articles can tell you a little more about that. ;)