Chilifest 2018 (A Series): The Lineup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

“Introducing our best lineup yet…”

Are you sure you don’t mean “craziest season yet,” Chris Harrison?

Chilifest has released its 2018 lineup for all of us to get excited to not even listen to because we are off somewhere vomiting in a port-a-potty. Just me? Oops, (just kidding Mom, you know I don’t get like that anymore).

As an avid anti-country listener, I was disappointed in this year’s lineup because in my previous Chilifest years, they’ve always included a headliner that was at least sort of leaning towards maybe being a little not full-blown country (Lynyrd Skynyrd, please come back).

I would like to point out, however, that I’ve made progress since last year. I’ve actually heard of some of these people. I guess that’s what happens when you live in College Station, Texas. One person I haven’t heard of is Saturday’s headliner (isn’t that the most important one? I’m gonna get some hate for this article)…

Chris Young? Looks more like disgraced bachelor contestant Chris Soules. There sure are a lot of underlying Bachelor themes going on here…

Fine, I’ll go.

Leading up to Chris Soules/ Young’s performance on Saturday, April 7th, are Ryan Bingham (?), Josh Abbott Band, who I have actually seen LIVE! (Pat on the back for me), Casey Donahew, and Parker McCollum. Sorry, girls, I doubt Parker will be available for pictures with you since he’s moved onto a bigger stage.

And on Friday the 6th we have the people who weren’t good enough to make it to Saturday: Turnpike Troubadors, Koe Wetzel, Shotgun Rider, Bri Bagwell (is that a girl?), and Mason Kleman (who?).

And there you have it… the lineup for our one and only Texas Coachella. I hope you’re ready for a beer-slinging, mud-flinging weekend that you won’t even remember. 

Chilifest Tickets can be bought herehttp://www.chilifest.org/tickets/

Or if you’re smart, you’ll wait and go with a frat team, just sayin’.

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.