This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

stuck in place, with nothing near

stuck in place, with no one to hear

searching for land that never appears

running towards land that suddenly disappears

“help me” i say into the air 

“i’m right here” i scream into the air

no one’s there

and no one cares

i’m all alone with no dare

stuck in place, with nothing near

oh wait, is that someone i hear?

searching for the land i wish and fear

running towards the land that suddenly appears 

“i made it” i cry into the air 

“i can rest now” i say, as i lay there soaking in sweet air

Hi, I’m Taylor Douglas! I’m the Events Director for Her Campus at TAMU! I have the honor of creating/running all the events Her Campus does at TAMU! As for my writing, I enjoy creating articles about my personal experiences in life, which range from college experiences, current books I’ve read or new things I’ve tried! Beyond Her Campus, I’m also the Marketing Coordinator for LMSA PLUS at TAMU, which is a Latino Pre-Med organization, where I have the privilege of designing merchandise and updating our website. I also participate in a women’s organization on campus at A&M where I’m encouraged to break out of my shell! Additionally, I am a tutor for 5th and 6th graders off campus, which I love doing! Lastly, I’m a Senior Sociology major in hopes of going to PA school to pursue a career in Psychiatry! My free time is cut very thin, but whenever I do find the time, I enjoy quiet nights, wrapped in my bed sheets watching a good show or movie. I’m currently obsessed with Ugly Betty on Netflix and The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime and I’m probably the biggest Taylor Swift fan you'll encounter and I’m not ashamed to admit it.