Bryan-College Station Winter Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Santa’s Wonderland Just down the road on Highway 6 you can go to Santa’s Wonderland, which is the biggest Christmas attraction in the state of Texas. Some things to do include going on a hayride along their trail of lights, listen to live music, watch a movie on the giant outdoor screen, go to the petting zoo, sit around a fire, shop, eat, and more.

Drive around and find Christmas lights If you don’t feel like spending money to see the lights at Santa’s Wonderland, make it a challenge of driving around town to find the best Christmas light display.

Walk around Downtown Bryan  Downtown Bryan is beautiful all year, but it is even better during Christmastime when it is decorated. There are even certain nights when the shops are open later and there are free things to do.

First Friday in Downtown Bryan First Friday is when all of the shops in Downtown Bryan stay open later, there is free concerts, artwork, and more. It is definitely worth going to. In December, First Friday will be help December 1, 2017, and the next First Friday will be held on January 5, 2018. 

Third Thursday in Downtown Bryan Third Thursday is another event held in Downtown Bryan to showcase local artists work and attend gallery openings.

Stay inside and watch Christmas movies  Don’t feel like going out? Stay inside and watch Christmas movies together. You can also bake cookies and cozy up.

Ice skating at Spirit Ice Arena Ice skating is the perfect winter activity! 

Go to The Local Market at Lake Walk Town Center The Local Market is a market at Lake Walk Town Center in Bryan. It hosts local venders that change every week. The venders are amazing, and you can always find lots of cool stuff, such as food and handmade goods & crafts. The Local Market is held every Tuesday from 4-7 P.M., and the venders change every week. You will not be disappointed!

Go to the Christmas Cellar Tour at Messina Hof Winery Obviously you have to be 21 for this one, but if you are, then you’re in luck. You will go on a tour of the winery and taste different wines along the way. This event is $25/person and is hosted on different dates and times, so check out the Messina Hof website event calendar to plan it out!

Go to the Winter Star Party at the Stella Hotel Also, at Lakewalk Town Center you can find the Stella Hotel. The Star Party is hosted by Texas A&M astronomer Dr. Jennifer Marshall. It is free to the public, and you can go around and look through telescopes set up on the lawn. They also serve cocktails and mocktails. The next Star Party will be on December 14, 2017.

Go on a coffee date I have an obsession with trying every coffee shop in the Bryan-College Station area. Some of my favorite coffee shops include Sweet Eugenes, POV, and Harvest Coffee Bar. There are so many amazing coffee shops in this area, and coffee is the perfect winter drink to keep you warm.

Education Major at Texas A&M University. I hope to teach and inspire tiny humans one day. Coffee enthusiast. Probably playing with my dog or watching Harry Potter.  "Normality is a paved road: it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow." - Vincent van Gogh 
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.