This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Way back to the MC Hammer times, songs about butts have been very popular among the young age groups. But have you started to notice that with the celebrities of our generation it’s becoming a little out of hand? Women we all look up to and use as role models and women that boys drool and fanaticize over are getting really risky with showing off their bodies in their work, especially their butts. These shots really show why we should second guess our love for some of these artist.

1. Jennifer Lopez in her new song Booty ft. Iggy Azalea might have you staring at your computer screen jaw dropped from her dance moves and costumes that leave little room for imagination. 

2. Nicki Minaj’s Anaconda might be a catchy spin off of Baby Got Back By MC Hammer, however once you clicked play on her music video she’ll have you thinking her sex appeal has been taken overload.

3. We all know everyone wants to bow down to the queen, Beyoncé, and be just like her, but is wearing clothes similar to that of an erotic dancer like in her Partition video really what we should all be looking up to?

4. Miley Cyrus went from sweet and innocent Hannah Montana to a girl who can’t stop being on all fours. Is this the rebellion phase that she never got to experience in high school?

5. While Ciara’s video Ride can come off as empowering the sexuality of women, the lyrics and her little-to-nothing one piece actually send a message that objectifying the female body can be embraced by society.