sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best 90’s Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Now, everyone knows that the 90’s was such an INFLUENTIAL era classic fashion style, music, and pop culture! Even so, that many vintage trends are coming back into style today! As a 90’s enthusiastic myself, I thought I’d put together a guide of the best 90’s Halloween costumes to try out this year. 

AALIYAH – This is the perfect 90’s Halloween costume for those of you that love the tomboy/streetwear look. To achieve this look, I would start with pairing an oversized jumpsuit together with white sneakers while throwing a few accessories (hoop earrings, bandana, and gold jewelry) to complete the costume. Aaaliyah was known for her sense of baggy/laid back style which fits perfectly under the 90’s Halloween costume category.

CARRIE BRADSHAW – This 90’s look is such a classic, New York (Upper East Side) vibe for Halloween. To achieve this look, I would start with finding the most perfect pink, puffy skirt and then styling that with the most glamorous heels and accessories. If you wanna be Carrie Bradshaw, you gotta go all out on this one! Trust me. 

SADE – Now, this has to be my absolute favorite 90’s artist. This look is more on the eclectic side of things for those of you looking to take Halloween to another level then I would 10/10 recommend. To achieve this look, I would try thrifting a sparkly, sequined two piece set and wearing a bold lip to top it off. Be sure to get some Instagram flicks in this one! 

SELENA – For all of my Selena fans, I recommend this classic 90’s look of hers. It’s got “sweet and spicy” written all over it. To achieve this look, I would also pair a two piece set together (preferably the maroon/redish color) and cut some bangs in your hair for the full Selena effect. 

CHER – If you’ve never seen the movie Clueless, this might actually leave you “clueless” (pun intended). But if you have, then you know this 90’s look is the ultimate classic Halloween costume. To achieve this preppy schoolgirl look, I would obviously pair a yellow and black plaid skirt set together with white knee high socks. Even perfect the infamous line, “Ugh, as if!” for the full effect. 

Ryane is a Senior Communications major and Journalism minor at Texas A&M University. Her hobbies include health/fitness, working on her business (@tonesxthree), and writing articles for Her Campus!