Back-to-School Trends With a Summer Flare!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Back-to-School Fashion With a Summer Flare!

With the Texas heat still in full force, we’ve carried some style trends from the summer season into the Fall 2014 semester before the cooler weather sets in. Here are some of the styles that have been around, as well as some newer, emerging trends. As college students, comfort is our main priority.

1. Birkenstock Sandals

With a form that molds to your foot, these shoes are the epitome of comfort. They come in a TON of different colors and styles. J. Crew, Macy’s, and Nordstrom are just a few of the retailers that carry the brand.

2. Bro Tanks

Because nothing yells comfort more than throwing on an oversized tank representing some school pride. Not only are they easy, but they’re breezy too.  

3. Ankle Bracelets

Because what’s summer without a little beach-inspired style? Whether they’re woven or beaded, we could always wear these pieces of jewelry to keep in touch with our inner beach babe.  

4. And of course, the classic “Norts.”

College girls can never get enough of these, can we? I mean they provide maximum comfort and flexibility. Whether we’re going to the gym, going to school, or even going to bed, they’re here for us for any occasion.

5. Victoria’s Secret Body Spray

Defeat the heat and stay smelling fresh with Victoria’s Secret’s endless selection of body spray! With so many to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect one for you.

6. And last but not least: Flash Tats!

New and innovative temporary tattoos that mimic the look of real jewelry. Coming in black, silver and gold, there are varieties of designs to choose from. Perfect for the beach, pool parties, concerts, or festivals! They’re a huge hit during Rush Week for sororities, too!