Culture > News

Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at George Bush Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

BRYAN, Dec. 1, 2022 – Join the community tonight as we celebrate ringing in the holidays at George Bush Library for the annual tree lighting ceremony. This ceremony, once hosted by George and Barbara Bush right here in the heart of Aggieland, is a great way to come together and get out of the house with family and friends this Thursday evening. 

“Modeled after the tree lighting ceremony that takes place annually on the White House grounds,” this event has brought a sense of joy and tradition to the local community for years. This year’s celebration will “include musical entertainment and a special guest tree lighter.”  Admission is free, however, guests are encouraged to RSVP at this link to reserve a spot for the reception following the ceremony. 

The ceremony will begin around 5:30 pm outside, in front of the George Bush Presidential Library Center’s Community Christmas Tree.  Followed by a reception indoors, the event will wrap up around 8:00 pm tonight. 

If you are unable to attend the tree lighting ceremony and would still like to be a part of this local tradition, the Presidential Library’s event page says, “throughout the month, we encourage people to take their family pictures in front of the beautifully decorated, beautifully lit tree.”

You can find the tree located outside the George Bush Library at 1000 George Bush Drive West, College Station, Texas, 77845. 

For more information, visit the George H.W Bush Library website here: https://www.bush41.org/events?event=192

Logan is an undergraduate at Texas A&M University with a major in agribusiness, two minors in different fields of economics, and an emphasis in marketing. She loves art and her goal as part of Her Campus is to incorporate her creativity into everything she creates. Logan is passionate about empowering women through her work and leadership. "Work hard, and add some spice to your everyday life!"