A&M v.s. Arkansas Football (The Best Day of My Life)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

…”and the little piggies went wee wee wee, all the way home.”

Here I am again, a 21-year-old girl who is pretty ignorant when it comes to football, writing to you about yet another monumental Aggie football game. I do have good news, though. This time, WE WON! Kevin Sumlin is earning some points back from me.

This past Sunday, the Aggies traveled to Arkansas alumnus Jerry Jones’ massive AT&T stadium (did you know, the giant jumbo Tron in the new stadium costs more than the old Cowboys’ stadium in its entirety?) to take on the Razorbacks in the Southwest Classic.

I’ve attended this game for three years in a row with my dad, a once-TCU-now-converted-to-Aggie fan, and this is most definitely the game to take him to, as it is always a showdown. Unfortunately, this year he had to undergo an unexpected surgery the day prior to the game, so I had the pleasure of converting yet another fan, my hometown friend Emiley. She “wanted to know what the hype was all about,” and boy, did we show her.

This game was awesome. Although it is our sixth consecutive win against Arkansas (maybe next year, piggies, but probably not), each year proves to be more of a nail-biter than the last. Let me give you some highlights:

We started off a little shaky, but the whole stadium nearly went up in flames after the ref made that B.S. call on Kellen Mond’s would’ve-been touchdown.

I would be lying if I told you tears did not form in my eyes watching that slo-mo playback of Mond not stepping out of bounds, just for them to declare it “unreviewable.” I’ll tell you who could’ve stepped out: the referee.

We played hot-potato with the ball trying to score a 2-point conversion…

Arkansas had a smooth 2-point conversion right after our epic fail.

I’ll give you that one, Arkansas, but then of course Christian Kirk slapped them in the face with a 90-yard return touchdown.

The game ended in overtime with the Aggies scoring a touchdown, and the Razorbacks coming oh so close, just to throw what would’ve been the touchdown to keep them in the game as an interception to Armani Watts. The good Ag who wiped out the Razorback before he was able to catch the ball was nice enough to console him before joining the rest of the team to celebrate, however.

Long story short, us Aggies had bacon for dinner while the little piggies cried wee wee wee, all the way home.

Texas A&M University Senior Communication Major, as well as an obsessive rescue dog mom. Just trying to survive the massive trial-and-error that is college.   "Change is the only constant." -unknown
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." – Ernest Hemingway Carina received her B.A. in English from Texas A&M University in May 2019. She was employed on campus at the University Writing Center as a Writing Consultant and in the Department of English as a Digital Media Assistant. She was the Editor-in-Chief for the Her Campus at TAMU chapter and was also the President of TAMU’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society. She previously interned with the Her Campus National Team as a Chapter Advisor and with KVIA ABC-7 News as a News Correspondent Assistant.