This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

10.) State of Grace – Taylor Swift

The emotion in this song is perfect. In a way, it reminds me of the band U2. Also, Fall time really is a state of grace, isn’t it?

9.) Craving – James Bay

Reminds me of running away to NYC and never looking back. I imagine myself leaving my Brooklyn apartment in Doc Martens and ripped black jeans on my way to catch the subway.

8.) Work Song – Hozier

Hozier comes out of my playlist “Hibernation in September”. It’s an oldie but SUCH a goodie. 

7.) Song For Zula – Phosphorescent 

I feel like the dramatic folk feeling this song possesses really encompasses autumn time.

6.) Boston – Augustana

This song also makes me want to run away to another city and never look back. I guess that’s my fall vibe.

5.) Blood Bank – Bon Iver

Heart-wrenching. The guitar and soft melodies are haunting. 

4.) Holocene – Bon Iver

No explanation, it just IS a Fall song. 

3.) Chicago – Sufjan Stevens

This song is immaculate. The imagery within the lyrics really makes me think of autumn time. “You came to take us; all things go, all things go; to recreate us; all things grow, all things grow…” It really reminds me of how I feel in the Fall season. Many people see spring as a time of rebirth; however, fall is usually my time of personal transformation. 

2.) Harvest Moon – Neil Young

Do I even have to explain? This song makes me want to drive along the coast of California while it is windy and rainy. It is straight out of a scene from Big Little Lies, literally. 

1.) Dog Years – Maggie Rogers

I always say I want this song to be the first dance at my wedding. Maggie does a remarkable job incorporating sounds from her trips into the forest within her production. It has a comforting yet sorrowful feeling. 

Hey I'm Sadie. You probably know more dogs with my name than people. I'm obsessed with Dutch Bros, Social Media, Videography, and sleeping. You can find me in the self help section of Barnes & Noble on Tuesdays from 5-7 P.M. Thanks and Gig-em! *thumbs up*