Aggies of College Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Many of you are familiar with the page, Humans of New York, on Facebook. It showcases the everyday people of New York and their stories, and has millions of likes and followers on it’s page. It’s beautiful to get words of encouragement and just see that someone else is going through what you are going through. Using this as inspiration, Derek Cahn created Aggies of College Station. Derek is a freshman on the Texas A&M basketball team. He has been scouting College Station, pulling Aggies and residents in the town and asking them questions. There are struggles, accomplishments, and the happiest and saddest moments in people’s lives, and it’s picked up quite a following.

DC: “I love the way it makes people feel and just to have a sense of other people also struggling with life in general and how they overcame it.”

He hopes to see it grow and get bigger and he already has people telling him they love what he does and to continue doing it. You can see Aggies of College Station on Derek’s twitter @derek_cahn and instagram @derekcahn.