This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

As we are coming to the end of the eighth month of the pandemic, you may be asking what else can you do to pass the time. With all the schoolwork and tests coming, it is important to still focus on a day of self-care. Here are 5 places, all very close to the Bryan/College Station area, that you and friends can go to, all while social distancing! Whether it be for the weekend or just for the day, you and your friends deserve to have an Instagram-aesthetically-pleasing day. 

Buffalo Bayou- 1800 Allen Pkwy &, Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77019

Have a picnic, photoshoot, or just relax and watch the sunset with friends while enjoying the beautiful city view. This park is only an hour-and-thirty-six minutes away from College Station. And it becomes the perfect spot to go whenever you want to have a sense of normalcy while still social distancing from others.

Rooftop Cinema Club- 1700 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056

Now offering drive-in services, this old-fashioned cinema is the perfect spot for a girls’ night out. All tickets are purchased online, so there will be no contact with anyone but your group! They show everything from new movies, such as Pete Davidson’s The King of Staten Island, to classics like Dazed and Confused. Check out their website for showtimes and more information.

Sak’s Garage- 625 Fannin St Houston, Tx 77002

This Rooftop garage only costs $5 for an all-day entry. It is an amazing spot to go and see the Houston skyline. You can also take those aesthetically pleasing pictures for  Instagram. The garage is huge, so you don’t have to worry about being in a crowded place. It offers a chance for you and your friends to take some awesome pictures, all while staying safe.

Waugh Bridge- Waugh Dr, Houston, TX 77002

Don’t miss your chance to see bats! With spooky season quickly approaching, it is a great idea to take a day-trip to enjoy the sunset while bats fly from under the bridge. Visitors are allowed to spread out on the bridge. Therefore, you won’t have to be close to anyone you don’t want to be next to. Not only do you have the opportunity to see bats, but what better way to watch than with your closest friends?

Lake Bryan- 8200 Sandy Point Rd. Bryan, Texas 77807

If you don’t feel like driving all the way to Houston, worry not! Visiting Lake Bryan is the perfect activity to do with friends or alone here in Bryan/College Station. Enjoy the beautiful sunset, go paddleboarding, boating, or just lay out a towel and read. The park is huge, so you will be able to practice social distancing while still enjoying the outdoors.

These are just a few places that are easy to get to from College Station but can make you feel as if you are on vacation away from everything. So put on your mask, grab your best friend, and take a day-trip to one of the places listed. You never know what memories you will make. 

Houston, Texas music enthusiast