Absolute Bangers (Songs I Can’t Get Enough Of)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Pre-pandemic, I had two hobbies: being a music snob and concert going. I would fly to random states with my online-turned-IRL friends to see my favorite band, sleep on the sidewalk outside of the venues the night before the shows so I could be sure I would have a front row spot, and more. Concerts were my happy place, and COVID took that away from me… anyway, that’s besides the point. I’m here to tell you what songs I’m currently obsessed with and want to see in concert ASAP. For the full Spotify playlist, click here!

Deja Vu – Olivia Rodrigo

Miss Thing does. not. miss. Not only did she break the internet with Drivers Licence (which broke Spotify’s record as the most single-day streams of a non-holiday song) but she came back for more. Deja Vu is one of my favorite songs at the moment – a true banger. I’m not going to talk in technical terms about music – I played the flute for nine years but know nothing about music theory, haha. However, I’m just going to say that this song appeals to all of my emotions. Anger, jealousy, power, love, and happiness. The opening verse is very playful and childlike, giving me a sense of calm. She comes back with a strong bridge and closing verse that make me feel like I can overthrow the government. I’m a rollercoaster of emotions listening to this song, but the main one is power. Miss Rodrigo holds her head up high and knows her worth with this song, which is why it is a Nadia Certified Absolute Banger.  

I’m So Bored – Sarah and the Sundays

I’ve talked about Sarah and the Sundays before and I’m ready to talk about them again. Sarah and the Sundays is the ultimate windows-down-roadtrip-hair-flying-in-the-wind-summertime band. They recently released I’m So Bored, a song that illustrates everyone’s emotions with the pandemic. We’re bored, tired of waiting for the world to go back to normal, and we’re going crazy. So, if you’re reading this, please go get your vaccine so we can turn this into a fun song that I can jump and dance around to with all of my fully vaccinated friends in my living room. I see this song becoming my Pandemic Summer 2.0 anthem, which is why it is a Nadia Certified Absolute Banger.  

Why Didn’t You Stop Me? – Mitski

Ah, Mitski. My third most played artist of 2020 and one of my favorite artists in general. A true indie rock queen who is oddly going viral on TikTok. All of her songs take me on my favorite ride, the emotional rollercoaster. Why Didn’t You Stop Me makes me nostalgic about a relationship I never had, which is why it is a Nadia Certified Absolute Banger.

Want more song recommendations? Check out my Spotify, @elevenoutoften_! I have a ton of playlists (with very cute color coordinated covers) for whatever mood you’re in. :)

Howdy! My name is Nadia Lynn Garcia. I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas A&M University! I love music, concerts, travel, and graphic design, but my articles can tell you a little more about that. ;)