Peace Sign Crop Top Beach Bracelets Necklace Blonde Hair Torso Tropical
Molly Longest / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The first thing that comes to my mind when gifting something small is its uniqueness and value. What is a small, unique gift that will make someone remember you anytime they see it? When I was a freshman in college, I would often think about ways for my friends and I to be connected. One afternoon while scrolling through my Instagram explore page, I came across threaded friendship bracelets. Unlike beaded bracelets, these are the ones you make using embroidery thread and knots in specific patterns. I immediately wanted to give it a try and bought a few colors of thread on Amazon. As I waited patiently for my package of threads to arrive, I began searching for patterns that were of interest to me.

Four years later, I have not stopped making friendship bracelets for my friends and family. I love giving them to new people in my life and choosing the colors that best suit their personality. One of my favorite things in the entire world is seeing someone wear the bracelet I made them. It makes my heart so happy to know that they think of me enough to wear it.

Making friendship bracelets gave me a creative outlet and hobby to do during my free time. I love making them and will continue to do so throughout the years. The biggest lesson I learned while making them is that starting it is the hardest part- it gets easy from there. You only need two or three colors and a desire to practice.

Howdy! I am a Senior Communication major currently minoring in Business. I am passionate about art, design, and I'd love to work in creative media. Gig em!