9 of the Most Inspiring Albus Dumbledore Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

The “Harry Potter” series is undeniably one of the best stories of all time. It is a story that inspires us in all facets of our lives with inspiring quotes and multidimensional lessons. Many of the quotes are attributed to the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore.

Here are the nine best Albus Dumbledore quotes of all time:

1. “Ah, music,” he said, wiping his eyes. “A magic beyond all we do here!” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”

2. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”

3. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”

4. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”

5. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”

6. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”

7. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”

8.  “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”

9. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” -Albus Dumbledore, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.