7 Ways You’ll FALL In Love With October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

1. Movies, movies, and more movies.

It’s finally that time of year to pull out the classic Halloween movies. Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown (all 4), Coraline, The Addams Family, Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, and Mean Girls.

2. Turn that normal, boring coffee into a Starbucks PSL.

Because what’s better than starting your day with a Pumpkin Spice Latte or a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in the festive Starbucks fall cups?

3. Light all of your fall candles.

Basically, it’s perfectly okay if your house smells like a pumpkin, cinnamon, apple cider, or any other fall scent sold in Bath & Body Works.

4. Darken up your makeup.

Fall means neutral or dark brown eyeshadows, darker contours, and vampy lips. So yes, girl, you rock that burgundy liquid lipstick.

5. And yes, of course, this includes expanding your fall wardrobe, too.

It’s totally okay to use this as an excuse to drop some $$$ at the mall to purchase new boots, flannels, and sweaters.

6. Add baking to your Thursday night girl’s nights.

Fall is the perfect reason to pull a rain check on the library and bake a pumpkin pie with all your girlfriends.

7. Ditch the normal date-night for a pumpkin patch.

Trade in your usual movie and dinner date-nights for pumpkin patches and pumpkin carving with your significant other.