This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner and even though we are in a pandemic, we can still dress up to celebrate from the comfort of our homes! Dressing up with your roommates for the holiday and having a little party with each other can be something to bring a little excitement into your day and give you something to look forward to! 

Here are 4 group costume ideas for you and your friends to do safely from home!

Harry Potter

This one is fun because there are so many characters to choose from! You could be Harry Potter himself, the golden trio, Dumbledore, Snape, or even Umbridge. And if you don’t have wizard’s robes, don’t worry! You can use graduation gowns. The possibilities are endless. Make some butterbeer and grab your wands and it’s guaranteed to be a night you’ll never forget. Unless someone performs “obliviate” on you.

Heathers

A personal favorite movie of mine, Heathers is the perfect theme for Halloween costumes. Whether you and your friends want to dress up as Heather, Heather, Heather, or Veronica you’re unquestionably going to be the coolest girls in school. All you need is a red, yellow, blue, or green school skirt and blazer and matching socks and scrunchies! Just don’t invite J.D.

The Addams Family

The Addams family is only the coolest family to ever exist and Halloween is their holiday. It only makes sense to dress up as them.

Winx Club

If you watched Winx Club when you were younger this is the perfect costume for you and your friends. Pick one of the girls and then have fun with it! Pick up a blue skirt and crop top and you’re Bloom, or you could go for a green combo and be Aisha. Add some wings and your costume will be set. You can wear things that sparkle and shine and reminisce on the good old days with this costume! 

Everything is different this year than it has been in the past and Halloween is no different. Still, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun and be creative! You and your roommates or a couple of your closest friends can dress up and do something fun while still staying safe!

I am a senior Communication major and Journalism minor and I am so happy to be a part of Her Campus!