20 Problems All Four-Eyed People Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TAMU chapter.

1. “Can I try on your glasses?”

Non-glasses people think your glasses are some sort of fun accessory. It’s okay! Let them try ‘em on. You don’t need them as a source of vision or anything.

2. Getting out of the car to find that your glasses fog up.

Foggy glasses are the bane of your existence, so let’s give a big round of applause to all those quick temperature changes that aid in this process.

3. Blowing on a hot bowl of soup, coffee, tea… whatever.

Again, foggy glasses are your greatest enemy. It’s 2015! You’d think there would be some sort of invention to help prevent this.

4. Waking up with your contacts still in and thinking you have miraculously been gifted 20/20 vision.

“I can see!” you say to yourself for five seconds. Then, that benign poking sensation returns to your eyes, and you remember you forgot to take your contacts off before you fell asleep. Oops!

5. Your glasses fall down your nose if your face gets a little oily or sweaty.

Long day? No biggie. Working out? No problem. Oil and sweat are never an issue with girls as beautiful and perfect as we are.

6. Having to clean your lenses every 10 seconds *super cute*…

Whether it’s wind blowing dirt and dust on your lenses or you somehow manage to touch your lenses with your oil encrusted fingers, your glasses get dirtier faster than a puppy in a dog park.

7. …and running into serious issues when you’re not wearing anything cotton.

“Hey, can I borrow your shirt to clean my glasses?” is one of the most awkward questions ever, but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

8. Trying to see through your rain-drop-filled lenses.

It’s raining, it’s pouring, and you’re screwed if you step outside for even a second.

9. Forgetting to take your glasses off before you hop in the shower.

Sometimes we just get used to being able to see, but it seems that is what gets us into all these sticky situations. Thanks, horrible vision.

10. Kissing someone while wearing glasses.

Tons of people wear glasses, okay?! Either deal or hit the road, buddy!

11. Driving at night.

Your eyesight is shot to hell when the world goes dark.

12. “Do you really need glasses, or are you just going for the ‘I’m smart’ look?”

Oh, yeah. I’m definitely going for the “I’m smart” look. These things aren’t imperative to my day-to-day functions or anything.

13. “The Velma.”

Need I say more?

14. Not being able to wear sunglasses if you choose glasses instead of contacts.

The whole “sunglasses-over-the-glasses” bit is super awkward, so we usually just choose to be blinded by the sun. It’s whatever.

15. When people see you without glasses/contacts for the first time.

“Wow! You look so much better with __________!” Wow! Thanks! BYE!

16. Long eyelashes.

Your eyelashes are constantly batting against your lenses and tend to make that awkward squeaky sound.

17. Going swimming.

Choosing between your eyesight and frolicking freely in a body of water is a serious problem.

18. Putting on your glasses even when you are already wearing contacts because, well, habit.

“Ouch!” doesn’t even begin to cover it.

19. Resting your head against something.

~~~So awkward~~~

20. Forgetting to pack your glasses when going on a trip.

This is 10 times worse if you’re wearing your last pair of daily contacts. Full. Fledged. Panic.

Leana is a communication major journalism minor at Texas A&M University. She loves writing, food, and keeping herself busy. Leana is an aspiring broadcast journalist and plans on attending law school after receiving her bachelor's.