Why Space Jam is the BEST Song in Existence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Everybody get up, it’s time to slam now.

The auto tuned voice plays over a speaker. Everyone looks to their friends in amazement, and gets ready to go HARD for the next few minutes of their life. Not only does the song have a great tempo for dancing, jumping, or however you move, but also the lyrics are simple, catchy, and elicit a call and response time of singing.

“Space Jam” is not only a piece of art within itself, it’s also apart of something much bigger- the movie Space Jam. This movie remains a hit amongst the millennial generations, and can be enjoyed for any occasion. You passed your class- Space Jam. You got dumped and need to cheer up- Space Jam. You’re inebriated and need to laugh- Space Jam.

Quad City’s DJ, the genius behind the tune is also credited for the hit “C’mon N’ Ride It (the Train,” and “Work Baby Work.” Not a one-hit wonder band, but definitely a dated group. No work of theirs has charted in recent light, and many of the songs give off the strong 90’s vibe. While the first of their notable tracks is their most successful, I would argue that “Space Jam” has the power to still power through generations. You bet your bottom dollar that if it’s not played at my grandchild’s Bat Mitzvah, me and the DJ are going to have some issues.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us