Where Are They Now: Disney Channel Stars Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

90’s babies where are you? I know I’m not the only one who remembers the “Zoog Disney” days. Talk about serious nostalgia. Every time I see kids watching these new Disney shows, I can’t help but to think how much they missed out on the great shows we got to watch during the 99’s and the 2000’s. If you’ve ever wondered what those actors have been up to since leaving Disney, then keep reading.

Lizzie McGuire Source

·      Lizzie (Hilary Duff)- Separated from her Canadian NHL player husband Mike Comrie and has a 2-year-old son. Currently working on her 5th studio album.

·      Gordo (Adam Lamberg)- No longer active in the acting industry. He majored in Geography at the University of California: Berkeley and works as an event coordinator.

·      Miranda (Lalaine Vergara-Paras)- Has been pursuing a music career since 2009. She was a member of the band Vanity Theft. In 2007 she was charged with felony possession of methamphetamine. She pleaded guilty, but her record was later expunged after she completed a drug treatment program.

Even Stevens Source

·      Louis (Shia LaBeouf)- Had his career breakthrough with Disturbia, has since then been in top grossing movies such as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Transformers, and Eagle Eye.

·      Ren (Christy Carlson Romano)- Met her husband, Brendan Rooney, while studying at Columbia University. They’ve been married since 2013. She is currently producing a film, called Unknowing, which began filming in 2013.

·      Beans (Steven Anthony Lawrence)- He currently resides in Fresno, California. His recent TV appearances include a T-Mobile and an Old Spice commercial.

·      Cory (Ben Savage)- He was a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity at Stanford University where he graduated in 2004 with a degree in Political Science. He is currently working on the spin-off to Boy Meets World, titled Girl Meets World.

Boy Meets World Source

·      Topanga (Danielle Fishel)- She is the host of Style Network’s The Dish. She graduated from California State University: Fullerton in 2013, where she majored in Psychology. She met Tim Belusko while tutoring him in math. They got married in 2013. Danielle is also working on the Boy Meets World spin-off series, which is set to air later this year on Disney Channel.

·      Shawn (Rider Strong)- in 2004 He graduated magna cum laude from Columbia University as an English major. He is now a screenwriter and director. Strong married actress Alexandra Barreto in 2013 in Oregon. He is set to appear in one episode of Girl Meets World.

That’s So Raven Source

·      Raven (Raven-Symone)- Has starred in movies and shows such as Revenge of the Bridesmaid and State of Georgia. She currently resides in New York with her girlfriend AzMarie Livingston.

·      Chelsea (Anneliese van der Pol)- In 2007 van der Pol made her Broadway debut as Belle, in Beauty and the Beast. She also starred in the Twilight spoof, Vampires Suck.

·      Eddie (Orlando Brown)- Orlando released a debut album called Trade It All in 2006, which featured songs with Akon and Sean Kingston. Since then Brown has encountered some legal troubles including getting arrested for possession of marijuana in 2007, getting arrested for a DUI in 2011, and getting arrested for violating his probation in 2012.

Phil of the Future  Source

·      Phil (Ricky Ullman)- Ricky has appeared in episodes of Law & Order: SVU, House, The Middleman, and Rita Rocks. He is currently in a band called Reputante and lives in New York.

·      Keely (Aly Michalka)- Aly has been in movies such as Easy A, The Roommate, and Grown Ups 2.  She has also had guest roles on CSI: NY and Two and a Half Men. She is one half of the duo 78violet, formerly known as Aly & AJ, with her younger sister AJ Michalka.

·      Pim (Amy Bruckner)- She currently attends Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. She played the role of Bess in the 2007 version of Nancy Drew.

Julia Egbe-Monthe is a Senior at University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and minoring in Criminology. Her love for fashion, pop culture, and all things UT is what inspired her to join Her Campus. She currently serves as an Editor for her HC chapter. Follow her on IG: @yeahju