This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Nostalgia – when you think of the past and the great memories from it.

I have been feeling extremely nostalgic lately. The other day I was sitting on my computer, bored, and had the sudden urge to watch Power Rangers. Now this urge has been happening a lot lately when it comes to old shows, and specifically the Power Rangers series. In fact, Power Rangers is what started the waves of nostalgia that have been hitting me recently. 

The first wave started a few months before I moved into college. It was about 8 at night and I had the urge to watch Power Rangers Jungle Fury, which was one of my favorites as a kid. And following Jungle Fury was the urge to watch some of my favorite childhood shows such as Ninjago, Austin & Ally, Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers, and Kickin’ It. And I was satisfied for a few weeks after the first wave but it didn’t last long.

In the following weeks I would be hit with the urge to look through old pictures to remember the memories that came with them. I had a fun childhood, especially when hanging out with friends and family and going on school field trips. In fact, I’m not sure this second wave has ever fully stopped as it still happens where I just start smiling when an old memory hits. 

The third wave started when college started and has not stopped. The first few weeks of school my roommate and I watched all of the Alvin & The Chipmunks movies, and have been watching old Disney movies every few nights since. But recently, I have been hit with the urge to watch Power Rangers again, specifically Mighty Morphin’ and Lightspeed Rescue.

With these movies, shows, and pictures comes a wave of memories and the wish that I could go back to experiencing the memories for the first time. And when it hits, it feels sad in a way that you can’t go back—only forward.

Maggie Twomey is the student government representative at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She mainly writes articles that cover entertainment and experiences. Outside of HerCampus, Maggie is a junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Elementary Education. She has worked as a summer camp counselor in the past for grades third, fourth, and fifth and is currently interning at schools in the Tampa area. Maggie enjoys traveling, reading, and painting in her free time. Usually Maggie finds herself reading or listening to a book. You will find that when Maggie is reading she always has a fantasy novel in her hand.