This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We, as humans, are hardwired to constantly compare ourselves to others – create a Venn diagram, if you will – causing us to feel inferior when we are a far cry from it. Women especially have a driving need to compare themselves to the girl sitting next to them in class who always shows up dressed to the nines or to the girl at the pool who seemingly has the perfect body. For whatever it is, we never measure up to those we compare ourselves to, leaving us feeling as though we aren’t good enough and aren’t worth it. 

But the truth is, you are good enough. If you don’t believe me, take five minutes and read these few reasons why I know you are worth it.

Every dog you’ll ever meet is probably happy to see you. Just think of that wagging tail you saw on the sidewalk who was so excited to come say hi. Think about how they politely sat down and waited for you to come over to pet them, then proceeded to give you puppy kisses. If you’re good enough for them, you should be good enough for yourself. 

There are people out there who love you more than words can describe. Sometimes, it may not feel like there are people who love you down to your very soul, but I promise there are. No matter your situation or walk in life, someone has or will love you before you are all long gone. 

Whether you know it or not, you’ve touched the life of at least someone you have met. Even if it was the little kid you bought lemonade from at the stand on the corner street of your neighborhood or the random lady you smiled at in the grocery store, and you have impacted someone more than you will ever know. I believe our lives are measured by the people we touch around us. So, you are making the world a better place with your kind smile and laughter. 

You are trying. You have gotten this far, and that’s something to be proud of. My parents used to tell me that all you can do is try your best. I know you are trying to get through whatever the heck life is. It can be easy to feel like you aren’t good enough when you get a test grade back or when you aren’t doing well in sports or whatever it is you are doing. Just remember that there is nothing more you can give than your best effort, and the fact that you are still getting out there every single day is amazing. Just by getting out of bed and giving the day a shot, you are beating the odds. 

Down to your DNA, you are unique. This makes you inexplicably special. Absolutely no one anywhere in the world has the same mind as you, the same way of thinking, the same goals, dreams, or aspirations. That is beautiful. You hold so much potential that no one and I mean absolutely no one else, holds. The world only has one of you, and without it, there would be a missing piece because no one can do or think about the things that you do. 

If you take anything away from reading this, I hope you can recognize that you are beautiful, capable, loved, and good enough for me. Now, look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are good enough for you. 

Jacqueline Sibila, a native of Maryland (and consequently a crab enthusiast), writes articles for the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She has a wide variety of topics she likes to cover in her articles including but not limited to traveling and wellness. Beyond Her Campus, Jacqueline is a freshman at the University of Tampa where she is a member of the honors college and majors in Marine Biology. Jacqueline previously has worked as an editor-in-chief for the Dulaney Griffin Newspaper at Dulaney High School where, while not editing articles, she focused on writing opinions columns. Jacqueline is an avid hiker, camper and traveler in her free time. Her favorite places she's traveled to have been Mount Rainier National Park in Washington State and Cinque Terre, Italy. When she isn't enjoying the outdoors, Jacqueline also loves watching National Geographic documentaries and reading Sarah J. Maas novels.