This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

This past summer was, of course, filled with the basic fantasy reads that usually come with the season, as well as the basic beachy romance books. However, I have been on a strict hockey romance diet, and I’m sticking with it, just like most of the BookTok girls. For those that haven’t heard of the BookTok phenomenon, it’s basically the side of TikTok where people post about books. Now, I’ve read my fair share of hockey romances and am pretty sure I can provide an extensive list, but here are some underrated ones I think deserve more hype:

• The Campus Night Series by Rebecca Jenshak – One of her popular series that contains four books featuring four hot hockey stars who live together and how they end up in relationships.
  • Sin-Bin by Anastasija White – The first and only book so far in the Sinners on the Ice series that started out on Wattpad and was finally turned into a book. It’s very enemies to friends-with-benefits to lovers.
  • Kings of Denver Series by Sheridan Anne – This is a series consisting of four books. In my opinion, the fourth one’s the best; they don’t just focus on romance, they contain some sensitive topics, and they aren’t all hockey romances but are definitely all good books.
  • Iced Out by C. E. Ricci – This one is such an underrated book, but it’s definitely my favorite; it is a gay enemies to lovers because they used to be rival star hockey players that ended up on the same college team, and it’s spicy. 
  • The Nighthawks Series by Pru Schuyler – This is a series with two books, as of right now, but the first one’s topic is about second chances, which is such a good trope, and the second one is definitely more love at first sight; both contain sensitive material so check the trigger warnings.
  • The Ice League Series by S. C. Kate – This is a five-book series, and all of the books are pretty similar. They’re not as spicy as the other books on this list, and most are skater x hockey players.

I read all of these on Kindle Unlimited, and they’re all really good series or stand-alones that aren’t widely popular on BookTok and Bookstagram. Happy Reading!

Haley Drury is a member and a part of the Social Media Team at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes articles. Her articles cover lifestyle topics focusing on books and the college experience. Outside of Her Campus, Haley is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, majoring in Marketing and minoring in Digital Media. She is currently ANAD Coordinater for her sorority Delta Phi Epsilon. Haley enjoys reading, film, and going to the gym in her downtime. She is often lost in a book and will stay up all night to finish it. Haley is probably rewatching or rereading the After series or looking for the latest installment or arguing how #teamJeremiah is the only team that matters.