What to do When it’s Cold in Tampa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We have reached that point in the year where the temperatures in sunny Tampa, Florida will drop (about 5 degrees) and will no longer be 90 degrees like it was in the summer…thank God.  Last week there were some mornings where I had to put on a sweatshirt to walk outside because it was 50 degrees out! Check out these alternatives to do when the weather isn’t so nice. 

1. Stay inside

Who doesn’t like to stay in, watch Netflix and cuddle under your warm blankets?  Maybe even cuddle with your other half, but that extra body heat will keep you even warmer! 

2. Embrace the cold 

If you’re like me, or about 50% of The University of Tampa student population, than you are originally from the North East and have spent so much time shoveling snow that it doesn’t bother you.  I love 50-60 degree weather. It is so refreshing and much better than 95 degree smothering hot, sweaty, sticky weather.

3. Take a shopping trip

Even though malls are always cold, you can warm yourself up by walking the mall. Shopping is always a workout and always makes you feel better.  Or, if you’re really cold you could go into Starbucks, grab a coffee and continue your shopping! 

4. Florida Aquarium 

Tampa is so blessed to have the Florida Aquarium right at our footsteps.  Channelside is 5 minutes away and is a great getaway from campus, from the cold and a fun place to go for an afternoon!  

5. Attend a UT sporting event

It’s basketball season, right?  Go cheer on your team for the first time all semester!  It’s always warm in the gym, so you wont have to worry about the cold for a few hours!

Whatever you do in the cold, I advise you not to wear UGGs in the 70 degree HEAT because you will get judged.

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3