What Did We Do This Spring Break?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

What Did We Do This Spring Break?

Spring break is a time for new adventures, relaxation, and wonderful memories with family and friends.  Even though we are all sad that our spring break has come and gone, we would like to share our favorite memories with you.

Leann Petschonek

I went on an Alternative Spring Break trip through the PEACE office to Atlanta, Georgia in which we worked and learned about an important social issue, human trafficking.  It was one of the best spring breaks I have ever had because I worked with some really amazing people, got to visit Atlanta, and ride a Ferris wheel.  I felt like what I did really mattered and it was a trip I will never forget.

Jennifer McElroy

This spring break I was a facilitator for the Walt Disney World Spring Break Program that was offered through the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement. On this five day magical journey we attended two Disney workshops that focused on individual leadership styles and the techniques of teamwork. We also took a behind the scenes tour of the costume department at Hollywood Studios, and worked on group projects that helped the participants relate the lessons learned to their activities at UT.  I even got to see my man, Mickey Mouse!

Skylar Whitman

My favorite part of spring break was going to Ginnie Springs in Gainesville with my friends. I lost my voice singing 2000’s pop during the two and a half hour drive to the springs!

Madison Irwin

I went back home to New Jersey for Spring Break and slept for the whole week. And ate. And slept some more.

Amalie Laigaard

This Spring Break my best friend and I went to Disney World! We went to all the parks, rode every ride, and saw every show possible. It was a busy four days, but so much fun! As you can see I met the famous Mickey and Minnie Mouse as well.

Sam Chubbuck

For my lavish spring break, I spent the week on my couch oozing blood from wisdom teeth surgery, crying over Burke getting shot on Grey’s Anatomy, and pulling my hair out over the amount of homework I had! One good thing I did was meet my family’s new dog, Pringles! She’s cute enough to eat (almost).

Kayla Brown

I went to Panama City Beach with my best friends! 

It was a great spring break for all us and we look forward to the new adventures next break, but for now we must finish this school year strong (with coffee). 

Jennifer McElroy is currently a Senior earning a degree in Communications and a double minor in Advertising and Applied Dance. She has resided in Florida for most of her life and lives in the sunny and beautiful Sarasota. When Jennifer is not in dance rehearsals or stuck in her room doing homework, she enjoys going to the gym, shopping, spending quality time with friends, and eating cookies.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.