Wellness

What Crystals You Need To Conquer The Rest Of 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Already, 2020 has been a year where most of us are feeling lost, defeated, angry, anxious, and even depressed. There is so much uncertainty in the current state of everything, and many of us are not sure how to cope with all that is being thrown at us by the media and the world. While I may not be able to offer any true coping strategies that a professional may suggest, I can introduce the work of crystals for those who are willing to try.

Crystals, believe it or not, carry many healing and spiritual qualities. Many people use them on a daily basis, having them in their homes, wearing them on their body, or even using them in daily beauty regimens. I believe that everyone needs a little crystal magic in their life, and I want to offer beginners a couple of great starting crystals that will help anyone feel a bit more relaxed in this trying time. 

1. Amethyst 

I’m sure most people are familiar with amethyst, or have at least heard of it before. It’s most commonly known as February’s birthstone but it also carries many great healing qualities. Amethyst aids in balancing your emotions and also reducing the negative effects of stress on your body. It’s also a sleep aid, so placing an amethyst crystal by your bedside can aid in a restful night’s sleep. Overall, amethyst will bring peace of mind and a calming energy. 

2. Fluorite

Fluorite is a great crystal for protecting against negative energies. It’s commonly worn on the body, as it wards off any bad energy around you. Not used just externally, fluorite aids in banishing negativity from your own thoughts as well. If you’re wrapped up in overwhelming anxiety or thoughts, fluorite will ease the chaos.

3. Citrine

Citrine is a great crystal to have in anyone’s collection, as it is incredibly useful in various aspects of life. It allows stress and anxiety to release from the body and mind. It takes those tensions and releases them from your worry. Also, it aids in your innermost creativity, helps you to blossom into your most authentic self, and be unafraid of doing so. 

I’m a Junior at The University of Tampa majoring in both AD/PR and Design. I’m an artist and amateur tarot reader. My goal is to one day own my own business, whether that’s my own design firm, art business, or kava bar. I enjoy teaching people how to make themselves happy and add a little magic to their lives.
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson