This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I’ve recently committed to watching Gotham with a long distance friend of mine that I met over spring break in New York City. I’m still only on season one, but it’s been an interesting experience only one week in with watching this show. I feel that there are stages viewers (like you) experience when deciding to make this unbreakable vow … And yes, these quotes are actual statements from my friend and I over the course of the last week.

P.S. This also contains spoilers about Gotham if you plan on watching the show

1. Picking the show

“Are we watching The Flash or Gotham?” “I don’t know, you pick it”

2. You’ve picked the show, now it’s time to watch the pilot and see if it’s worthy of your time

“LITERALLY EVERYONE ON THIS SHOW WAS ON LAW AND ORDER: SVU, I LOVE IT”

3. The phone call after the pilot that contains your thoughts on how the show is going to go

“Holy crap, that was awesome”

4. The inevitable point where one of you has a day off, so you binge to the point when you’re six episodes ahead

“THIS IS AN INTERVENTION YOU HAVE A PROBLEM” “Sorry that my classes got canceled due to snow”

5. And they don’t let you forget it….ever

“*insert character name here* just got shot” “no they didn’t” “yes they did, you HAVE to catch up”

6. You end up on the phone at all hours of the night with the show on as background noise

“I love how I’m looking up ticket prices for the All Star Game as James Gordon is telling someone off”

7. You start planning the next series, even though you aren’t even done with season one

“So what’s next?”

Alexandra is a senior at the University of Tampa as well as the Broadcasting intern for the Tampa Bay Lightning. When she isn't running around the arena setting up equipment, she is the Sports Director for UT's radio station, WUTT. Alexandra is also an active member of the Florida Zeta chapter of Pi Beta Phi, where she serves as the head of the Fraternity Heritage committee. On her off days, you can most likely find her at Starbucks drinking her body weight in Iced White Chocolate Mochas.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us