Top 3 Places To Go With Your Canine Friend!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I don’t know about the rest of you dog owners but when the sun is shining the first thing I think of is what me and Kai (my dog) are going to do that day. I know my pup loves being outside so I try my best to bring her on trips whenever I can just to change up the backyard scene a bit.  And let’s face it wherever I go, she goes.  I’ve listed my top 3 places to take your pup next time you two feel like enjoying the great outdoors!

1.  Al Lopez Dog Park

Great park to take your dog to, there’s a huge enclosed area for all dogs and a smaller enclosed area for the little pups to play and not be stepped on by the bigger dogs.  People are pretty good at only bringing well behaved dogs and there’s so much open space for your canine companion to run around and tire themselves out

4810 N Himes Ave, Tampa, FL 33614

2. Davis Island Dog Beach

I love taking my dog to the beach because she loves to swim, and swimming especially tires her out! (main point of bringing her places, that dog has energy for days).  You can always count on a variety of dogs being here at all times of the day which I love because it’s never boring.  And nothing’s better than watching the dogs here who just don’t know how to properly doggy paddle, hysterical!   Anyways, the environment here is always friendly, it’s a fun relaxing place to take your dog and they’re sure to find a furry friend here to play with.  Davis Island also has a dog park right next to the beach if you’d rather not deal with the sand.  

Be aware this isn’t the go to place if you want to lay out or go in the water.. for that I would recommend my next location!

864 Severn Ave, Tampa, FL 33606

3.  Fort Desoto Dog Beach

My new favorite beach to take my girl, (sorry Davis Island).  This is more of a regular beach that us humans can lay out on but where dogs are allowed to come and play as well.  Davis is a little too small to be able to lay down without getting trampled so when the weather is prime for tanning this is where I come.  My pup can still run free and fetch her Frisbee in the water all while her mama can tan, and swim as well!

3500 Pinellas Bayway S, Saint Petersburg, FL 33715

And this is my pup Kai as soon as we get home from the park or beach…out like a light!

Amalie Laigaard is a Junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Public Health and Wellness.  She was born in Denmark, raised in New Jersey, and now lives in SW Florida.  Her passion is split between helping others and writing about anything and everything in her life.  During her free time she soaks up the Florida sun while reading by the pool, or she will be found in the kitchen making some chocolatey concoction!