This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

If you’ve ever seen a Korean film, you know they can’t compare to American films. Whether it’s a drama or a comedy, you’ll be on the edge of your seat the whole time. For me, I never cry during movies or really in life in general but when it comes to Korean films, I lose it every time. This past month I’ve spent a lot of time watching them, and it would be rude if I didn’t share them. Here are the top three I’ve seen, you must watch them!!! These are all on Netflix too!

1. Train to Busan

* This movie isn’t what you might expect. Yes, it’s a movie about zombies and is a bit creepy, but it’s actually a movie about empathy and putting others before yourself. It revolves around a dad and his daughter. The dad is a workaholic and doesn’t care about anyone but himself, but learns what it means to be selfless on this train ride. It’s a HUGE tear jerker and I was sobbing by the end. 12/10 would recommend!!!

2. A Violent Prosecutor

* This film is about a man who is jailed for a crime he didn’t commit. He teams up with a scammer he meets in jail in order to clear his name. Obviously, this isn’t as easy as it sounds and it goes through all the struggle of getting justice. It exposes government corruption and how toxic power can be. Is justice served? Watch to find out!

3. Forgotten

* Man, this film is like inception on steroids. It will BLOW YOUR MIND and the ending is the biggest plot twist ever. The film starts by making you think that it’s about a brother who gets kidnapped for 10 days but doesn’t remember anything, but it leads to so much more. If you love thriller movies, you have to watch this. It’s a jaw dropper for sure and you won’t regret it!

Esther Cho

Tampa '20

.