Throwback Thursday: 7 Holiday TV Specials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

One of the greatest things about the holidays, that you can enjoy the entire month of December (even better than the Starbucks drinks specials) are the plentiful holiday specials playing on TV. Feel free to reminisce with a cup of eggnog as I list a few of the greatest throwback holiday movies and shows of our childhood.

1. Lizzie McGuire’s “Here Comes Aaron Carter”

Her crimped hair, his silver vest. Lizzie definitely got the greatest Christmas present that year.

2. Frosty The Snowman

An absolute CLASSIC of a singing, dancing snowman with arms and legs that was way better than anything you could roll in your front yard. Happy Birthday!

3. Disney Channel’s “The Ultimate Christmas Present”

Brenda Song, Spencer Breslin, and that other girl no one knew, stir up trouble with a weather machine found in the woods. Despite their mischievous endeavors, the girls end up becoming good friends with Santa and bringing the miracle of snow to their hometown. Aww.

4. Full House’s “Our Very First Christmas Show”

The gang makes the best of a bad situation, being stuck in an airport on Christmas Eve. Tears are shed, piano music is played, and Uncle Jesse and Becky flirt the night away. Have mercy!

5. “The Year Without a Santa Claus”

The Heat Miser and Snow Miser wreak havoc when Santa decides to take a sick day on the only day of the year he is needed.

6. Even Steven’s “Heck Of A Hanukkah”

Louis and Ren’s fighting continues throughout the eight days of Hanukkah as Louis antics are highlighted in this classic television series.

7. The Yule Log

When ABC Family is playing Home Alone for the fifth time this week and there is nothing else on, the Yule log is always there for you.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Savannah Snow is a junior at the University of Tampa. Majoring in Communication, Savannah loves writing, comedy, double stuf oreos and music. Savannah was born and raised in Ocean City, New Jersey on the beach, sparking such a love for the ocean that she majored in Marine Biology for a whole two semesters and hardly made it out alive. You can find her anywhere on campus balancing cookies on a to-go box from the café or with her headphones in listening to music, so make sure to say "hi" loud enough!