This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

End of the semester – the best and worst part of the year. Final exams, final projects, packing, summer break. I feel like I have been counting down to summer break since the semester began. My to-do list is becoming smaller and smaller as I cross things off. I can see the finish line. However, for now, this shit sucks. 

The end of the semester is extremely overwhelming. Most days, it feels like I do not have time to breathe. Burnout is an understatement right now. I feel tired so often that I just want to curl into bed and watch my comfort show. Many days that is exactly what I do. I’m sick of hearing people say, “it’s the final push!” because this has been one long and aggressive push. Between class and work, summer break sounds far away. 

A break is needed by everyone I know right now. I cannot wait for it to be here.

Hi! This is Jillian (but she really prefers to be called Jilly or Jill) from the University of Tampa. Jilly grew up right outside of Boston, Massachusetts. Jilly is an education major with a double minor in political science and leadership studies. She enjoys baking, ice cream, reading, and jamming to music with her friends. She's totally a dog person but has a special spot in her heart for cats. Jilly plans to teach the 3rd or 4th grade with hopes of instilling a love of learning in future generations.