Starbucks
Starbucks
Hunter Honeg / Spoon
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Have you ever been to Seattle? If not, then I will give you a few reasons why you should add Seattle to your travel bucket list once the pandemic is over.

Few years back I visited Seattle during the summer for 3 days and I had a great time. Everyone knows that Seattle is one of the rainiest cities in the US, which is why I visited during the summer when the days were sunny and warm. Just in these three days I got to see all the places I wanted to.

These are the places you definitely should visit in Seattle:

• Pike Place Market

The Pike place market sells everything from fresh fruits and fish to flowers and souvenirs and much more. The market is usually very busy at normal times but I was lucky to be there nearly all alone since I was still jet lagged by that time as I visited from Europe and got to the market by 6am in the morning. However if you are an early bird and want to get some nice pictures of the market without a crowd of people, then definitely do that. 

• First Starbucks Cafe

If you are like me and are obsessed with Starbucks, Seattle was the first city where Starbucks opened its first original store in 1917. It is located right at the Pike Place Market and you can get your favorite coffee there. However, since everyone is curious to see the first Starbucks that existed, the line is very long during the day but as I mentioned with the Pike Place Market, if you feel like waking up early, you can get your coffee without waiting in a line.

• The Gum Wall

Right next to the Pike Place market, there is an alley which has walls from both sides covered in chewing gums. It may sound a bit disgusting, but the alley was full of people taking pictures in front of the wall since you don’t usually get to see a wall like that and maybe even left their own chewing gum there. It was definitely interesting to see.

• The Seattle Great Wheel

A giant Ferris wheel from which you can get a beautiful view of downtown Seattle and its skyscrapers and the view of the Elliot Bay. The ride took about 15 minutes and it is definitely worth a try.

• Kerry Park

This small park is located on the Queen Anne Hill and it’s  the best spot for taking pictures of the whole Seattle city. Most pictures of Seattle are taken from this place. If you are not a fan of walking up to hills, it may be better to just get a ride there from the city.

• Space Needle

Of course the iconic tower of the city called Space Needle is a must. The tower gives a whole 360 view for the whole city. An elevator takes you up to the observation deck where you can buy some souvenirs as well and even get some food or a drink while watching the view.

Natalie is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, currently as a Journalism major. She is from Prague in the Czech Republic and loves to write, do yoga, travel and explore the city with her friends.
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson