This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

During my Spring semester, I took two of my four classes solely based on digital marketing. I wasn’t sure what I was really getting into when taking these courses; I just knew they were well-liked electives. Little did I know how much of an impact they would have on me as I now hope to pursue a job in digital marketing. In both of these classes, I created a blog, a portfolio, and an online resume based on all my accomplishments while in college.

Looking back, I can see how much I have improved through everything I learned throughout these classes. In my portfolio, I can look back at my work and laugh a little as I did try, but it was a bit of a mess, whereas I am very pleased with how my online resume and blog turned out. I have enjoyed my blog more than anything, as I am able to share things about my life. It is where I post the places I have traveled to and the places I have visited. I have linked my LinkedIn and Her Campus account so that people are able to connect and see the articles I have posted. I would love to make it more as my online resume looked, but it’s still a work in progress as I find out what works best.

Doing all of this has really shown me how much I love creating and sharing my own experiences. I also enjoy finding a way to share blogs on what I love to do the most, which is traveling. Besides, it makes me feel great to be able to share my accomplishments and everything I have worked hard for throughout my years in university! It took a bit to figure out what I wanted to write about at first, but once I found it, I hardly ever ran into writing roadblocks. Once I sit down and start typing, I can most likely finish a post in one sitting. I don’t even care if no one were to read my blog; I would still post because it is what I have come to love. So, the fact that I do have people who continue to follow along on my journeys and read from my experiences makes me feel so good inside.

My plan at the moment is to hopefully renovate my website before the new year starts to mix in both of the websites I had before. My current one, which I mainly use to post my travel experiences and such, doesn’t have one specific section getting to know me or my accomplishments like my other website did. Creating a blog has helped me express myself in many ways and share what I love to do with those who are willing to sit back and read my posts. I would highly recommend everyone to try it. Creating the site is the most fun but also the most challenging part as you get to express who you are to your readers. And it gets SO hard just to pick a theme or a color. Once you find your style, it gets more accessible from there. Give it a try!

Cassie is a junior studying international business at the University of Tampa. She loves to try new things and is always traveling. Her interests involve working out, DIY projects, and volunteering. If you would like to keep up with her, her Instagram is @almostfamouslady (yes, it's from the movie Almost Famous give it a watch!:)