The Perfect Playlist for People Who Hate Christmas Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Now, I am no Ebenezer Scrooge—I love the winter holidays—but I do not love the Christmas music that comes with them.

Every year, the radio stations switch over from Top 40 pop music to Christmas music after Thanksgiving. For an entire month, twelve different people sing the same five songs and everyone has to pretend that it’s both normal and acceptable. If you work retail like I do, this actually starts at the beginning of November, meaning you have to endure two months of the eleventy-seven versions of “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree” for 8 hours a day while trying to maintain your sanity.

But the holiday season doesn’t care about how you feel. Christmas music reigns supreme, and all must bow to it. No matter how sick you are of “Jingle Bell Rock,” Christmas parties won’t host themselves. And a good host always has a good playlist.

So I did the work for you (you’re welcome). Here’s over 90 minutes of Christmas music perfect for my fellow jaded retail workers and anyone tired of redundant holiday songs. Some of these songs are unique renditions of Christmas classics, but most of them are original songs. Enjoy!

The Christmas Playlist

• “25th” by Tori Kelly
  • “Angels We Have Heard On High” by Tinashe
  • “Carol of the Bells (Spotify Singles Holiday)” by Ashnikko
  • “Cider & Hennessy” by Jordin Sparks & Kenneth Paige
  • “Christmas Isn’t Canceled (Just You)” by Kelly Clarkson
  • “Christmas Love” by Beckah Shae
  • “Christmas the Whole Year Round” by Sabrina Carpenter
  • “December” by Ariana Grande
  • “Fall in Love At Christmas” by Mariah Carey, Khalid, & Kirk Franklin
  • “Gift That Keeps On Giving” by Tori Kelly
  • “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” by Tinashe
  • “Hard Candy Christmas” by Ralph
  • “It’s Not Christmas Till Someone Cries” by Carly Rae Jepsen
  • “Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child” by Mariah Carey
  • “Kadosh (Holy One)” by Beckah Shae
  • “Kiss Me (It’s Christmas)” by Leona Lewis & Ne-Yo
  • “Merry Christmas to Your Face” by Jordin Sparks
  • “My Only Wish (This Year)” by Britney Spears
  • “Oh Santa!” by Mariah Carey, Ariana Grande, & Jennifer Hudson
  • “Only When It Snows” by Nova Miller
  • “Santa, Can’t You Hear Me” by Kelly Clarkson & Ariana Grande
  • “The Baby” by Family Force 5
  • “This Christmas (Spotify Singles Holiday)” by Nao
  • “True Love” by Ariana Grande
  • “Underneath the Tree” by Kelli-Leigh
Brianna Lovett is currently pursuing an International Studies major with a History minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area, she dreams of travelling the world to explore historical sites and enjoy local fruits and vegetables.