Life > Experiences

Spiritual Journeys Can Be Lonely, But You’re Never Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The world has drastically changed since the pandemic subsided, and so did our belief systems and thoughts patterns. Many people, including me, have gone back to therapy and started dealing with their childhood traumas, so they can heal the past and become the best version of themselves. That’s why there was a rise in health trends on Tiktok and Instagram, including “that girl.” However, some took that work a bit deeper and started tapping into their power in new ways. 

What I’m alluding to is society’s spiritual awakening. During it, people (like me) might become interested in topics like the law of attraction, numerology, zodiac birth charts, and even tarot readings. If that’s your case, you probably no longer try to fit in with the crowd or make yourself feel small to please others. You quit seeking outside validation or changing for anyone other than yourself because you understand that by loving and respecting yourself, you are paving the way and teaching others how to treat you correctly. Therefore, you have noticed that what you plant within yourself can be harvested in any relationship type.

Yoga and meditation are other ways of tapping into your power and connecting to spirituality. These are two of my favorite practices because they tune the seven chakras with our emotional, mental, and physical bodies. Not only are you toning your body and improving your flexibility by practicing yoga, but you are also learning how to be in the present moment. The same goes for meditation, and an added benefit is that it helps calm yourself down through breathing exercises. As far as I’m concerned, this is the best and easiest way to find our mission on Earth and work towards that every single day. I know mine is helping others free themselves by simply being myself and encouraging them to follow my lead. 

The problem with this beautiful and healing journey is that it’s lonely. Why? Well, it’s not easy to change and keep the same things and people in your life. But, be it trauma, guilt, unnecessary material possessions, hobbies, or even people, if it doesn’t make sense to have them in your life, let it go.  You’ll never become your higher self if you hold on to things and people who previously held you back. 

You need to clear space out for the new you, new interests, and new people to come into your life. Doing that might cause a lot of hurt and panic, but rest assured because if that’s happening, you are on the right path. Just because you are letting things go doesn’t mean that you won’t get them back when the time is right or get something even better in the future. We need to be able to make sacrifices and be patient to get the life we want.

If you need an indication of that, pay attention and signs, which sometimes may come in the form of the numbers you see daily. Do you always see the numbers 111, 222, 333, and so on? Those are angel numbers, a sign that your spiritual guides are trying to communicate something. So, my advice is to listen to them. Sometimes we may lose ourselves and get off the path, but that’s normal and necessary. We should be able to trust ourselves, the universe, God, or whatever we believe in more. That is to say that even though spiritual journeys are lonely, you are never truly alone. 

And even if you feel alone, remember that it’s only temporary. Soon that will change because those who share your new values and interests will come into your life. It takes time and effort as you no longer want just to befriend anyone and get your energy disrupted. You want healthy and long-lasting friendships as well as relationships. You are manifesting stability and the life of your dreams. What is the cost of having your dreams become a reality? To me, that’s priceless, and I’m patiently waiting for my soul tribe to materialize into my existence.

25, Sagittarius, Brazilian. University of Tampa 2022’ English teacher, writer, and journalist I'm a language geek, adventure seeker, and bookworm. g.maistrobrasolin@spartans.ut.edu