This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

There is nothing more uncertain than ‘someday’. In the state of our country and world right now, quite frankly nothing is more frightening than knowing things won’t always be the same. On the contrary, there is also nothing more promising. 

As each day that passes, you will change. From each trial you shall grow. In every reflection you will find yourself in new lights you never imagined. 

Life might not end up being the perfect fairytale you grew up envisioning, but maybe the unknown is not as scary as the thought of it. For all we have is the here and now, so let us embrace it with tenderness, empathy, and compassion. 

Kate is a Junior at the University of Tampa. Studying Sports Management, she is a big advocate for women in sports. A Minnesota-native turned Floridian, she enjoys spending her time traveling, trying new foods, and changing her outfit for everything and anything. To keep up with her beach trips, sporting events, and food favs follow her on Instagram @simplicikate
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson