This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Although the COVID-19 pandemic is still affecting the daily routines of many across the world in one way or another, the summer of 2020 is on its way and there is still some fun in the sun that can be had while following all of the necessary guidelines!

Here are 10 items that you can put on your social-distancing summer bucket list:

1. MAKE POPSICLES

Homemade sprite-gummy-bear popsicles are seriously the best. Definitely recommend trying!

2. GO TO THE BEACH

As basic as it sounds, getting to the beach this summer would be a dream, considering the situation we are all in. Following guidelines of course!

3. TAKE A ROAD TRIP

Getting out of your hometown for a bit and just driving with some close friends or family while listening to bomb music would be the vibe.

4. MAKE S’MORES

Having a bonfire in the backyard and roasting some marshmallows sounds like the definition of summer to me.

5. HAVE A PHOTOSHOOT

Whether it be by yourself or with a couple others, throw on your favorite outfit, go to your favorite place, and take some beautiful pics!

6. PAINTING DAY

Grab some paints, a canvas, and head to the most scenic, relaxing place you know of. 

7. HAVE A PICNIC

It’s beautiful outside! Take your favorite meal to the local park and set up a comfy blanket on the grass to enjoy with a couple friends or family members!

8. DRIVE-IN MOVIE

This has been something I’ve been wanting to do forever! Assuming a drive-in movie theater near you will be open at some point this summer, kick it old-school and enjoy a film from the comfort of your own car.

9. WATCH THE SUNRISE

Push yourself to wake up at the literal crack of dawn, make some coffee, and sit outside. Although it sounds simple, there are many sunrises that can truly be breathtaking.

10. DOCUMENT IT

Take a photo or short video of each day this summer, and put them all together at the end. You’ll be able to have something concrete to look back on in the future at all of the amazing memories you’ve made!

Lisa Striffolino is a Sophomore student at the University of Tampa majoring in Communications and minoring in Journalism and PR?☀️ She is excited to continue to explore her passions in journalism(broadcast and print), and the worlds of media and marketing. You could either find Lisa writing articles for Her Campus or The Minaret, watching her favorite tv shows, or spending time with family and friends☺️
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson