Six Christmas Albums That Are Essential For Every Christmas Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It is finally the most wonderful time of the year! You can catch me either watching Hallmark Christmas movies or unapologetically blasting Christmas music. I’m about to put you on some of my favorite Christmas albums. You’re welcome.

1)Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey

You can’t have a Christmas playlist without the classic Mariah Carey Christmas anthem, “All I Want for Christmas Is You”. “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” and “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town” are a few of my other faves.

2)Under the Mistletoe: Justin Bieber

In 2011, this album was on repeat the entire Christmas season. Every girl wished they were under a mistletoe with Justin Bieber when they heard the song, “Mistletoe”. However, my favorite song off that album has got to be “Drummer Boy” featuring Busta Rhymes. A whole bop.

3)Christmas: Michael Bublé

One of my favorite memories growing up is decorating the Christmas tree with my mom every year while listening to Michael Bublé’s iconic Christmas album. There’s nothing better than hearing his soothing voice while sipping on some hot cocoa.

4)Pretty much every Christmas album by Pentatonix

I may be biased because I was a choir nerd in high school, but I love every single one of their a cappella albums. PTXmas has got some goodies such as: “Carol of the Bells” and “Little Drummer Boy”. That’s Christmas to Me is probably my favorite album. “Mary, Did You Know?” is my absolute favorite song they’ve ever covered. And Pentatonix’s rendition of “Hallelujah” from A Pentatonix Christmas gets me feeling some type of way.

5)Christmas & Chill: Ariana Grande

Okay so this is technically an EP, but nevertheless, it’s still great. “Winter Things” is definitely my favorite song. Side note: Her Christmas single, “Santa Tell Me” is a smash.

6)Every day is Christmas: Sia

Sia is a queen, and her Christmas album is nothing less of royalty. You’ve probably seen the JC Penney commercial with the song “Ho Ho Ho” from this very album. “Santa’s Coming For Us” is probably my favorite bop off the album.

I hope this little guide helps you create the best Christmas playlist or add some new songs to your already existing one. ‘Tis the season!​

Long Island | Tampa | Alpha Chi Omega