This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Being a college senior is such a strange, bittersweet feeling. You don’t really know what to expect or what it will feel like until the month before graduation hits. I personally had a rocky beginning to my undergraduate experience. I loved my freshman year, then COVID hit, then I wanted to transfer, and now here I am. I didn’t transfer, COVID isn’t as bad as it was, and I would say I am pretty content with where I’m at right now. 

Senior year, more specifically spring semester, is a time of excitement, change, and last-times. I have found that I’ve started to appreciate the little things like drives to see the sunset or walking to campus in the 75 degrees and sunny weather just because I can. Campus seems to look a little prettier and I’ve become more appreciative of my routine, environment, and the people around me. I have started to appreciate Tampa more than I used to, which doesn’t make moving any easier. And as someone who just committed to graduate school in Boston, leaving the warm weather that I once was not a fan of is becoming a little more heartbreaking. 

My emotions have been quite the variety over the past few weeks. Having to schedule senior pictures, pick up my cap and gown, and order my graduation dress are all necessary steps that are a slap in the face about the fact that I’m leaving. On the other hand, there’s so much to look forward to in the near future, and it’s important to remember that all good things must come to an end. 

The one thing that definitely stands true is senioritis. Going to class is getting more and more impossible, especially since the end is so close. Although, whether this is a note to self or someone else needs to hear it, don’t let the GPA you’ve worked so hard for plummet just because you don’t feel like trying anymore. You got this, we all do, and you’ll come out strong and proud in the end. 

With this being said, to the college freshman or any college student for that matter, enjoy each and every day. Cherish the late nights in your dorm room with your friends, the gross frat parties, and the walks to the local coffee shop. Enjoy your college and your college town, because it won’t last forever. And yes, it does go as fast as everyone says it does.

Emma is a Senior Advertising and Public Relations major and Women and Gender Studies/Journalism minor at The University of Tampa. She loves the beach, graphic design, photography, and traveling.