This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Hey, you!

Yeah, I’m talking to you!

I see you scrolling through Instagram making a saved folder of your dream life! 

I see you looking at other people’s pretty feeds and wishing your life was that beautiful!

Go do it.

There is never going to be a singular moment that screams “NOW IS THE TIME.” There will never be a day that your to-do list says “go get a cute latte and paint by the lake” if you don’t write it yourself. If you want it, then pursue it. Don’t waste a single moment contemplating all the things that could stop you. If you look, you will always find a reason, so instead of looking for reasons to discourage yourself, look for reasons to finally embody the person you want to be.

Make a playlist to get the energy right. Put on a cute outfit that makes you feel like you’re already living that life. Journal about the things you imagine as if they’ve already happened. Manifest the things you want. In the meantime, romanticize your life.

The sweaty walk you take to the other side of campus can be turned into a warm, sunny meditation where you can play your prettiest playlist and really be present. Your daily homework grind can be done intentionally to remind you of the badass, hardworking, successful human that you are. Look at you getting closer to your goals! Sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and Rick and Morty in the background can be cute too! Look at that as a moment of self care. If you look for a reason to love the small things you do, you will find one.

You can’t manifest a new life without an appreciation for your old one. It sends out a vibration of lack, and the universe will only send you more of what you are trying to avoid. So, romanticize your life. Make time to do the things you want to do, and appreciate the parts of your life that you have already. Life is just a game, so let yourself have some fun.

Jessie is a Music Technology major at the University of Tampa. She loves to write about music, spirituality, entertainment, cooking, and astrology. Outside of Her Campus, she is pursuing her career in the music industry and works with Grammy U and Women In Music. (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ♥
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson