Profile- Jonna Bond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name:  Bond, Jonna Bond

Year: Graduating Senior

Hometown: Oklahoma City, OK

What can readers find you doing on a Friday night?

Chilling with my roommates and watching Shameless on Netflix. It may be called Shameless, but it’s definitely not shameless to watch *laughs*. Or crying over dog compilations that you decide to show me on your computer because you HATE ME. Dogs are so precious.

Do you have a favorite character on Shameless?

Fiona, I would marry her.

You’re graduating in May, what are your plans after college?

In November, I applied for the Hillsborough Sheriff’s Office and I am currently going through the hiring process to be sworn as a law enforcement deputy. So after I graduate, my plans are to fully involve myself in my community and do my part to build and better it.

What made you want to go into Law Enforcement?

I went on a ride along and I fell in love with the job, even though it was a super slow day.

When are you going clean the griddle you used to make bacon in our suite?

Oh, *pause* I DON’T HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME.  

How are you going to celebrate graduating early?

Nine days later after I turn 21 I’m going to celebrate both by having my parents carry me out on their shoulders from a bar at 2 am in the morning. *Pause* They may be too old to be doing that. We’ll figure something out… compromise is key.

*The HC UT member who wrote this lives with Jonna, hence the roommate references.

Alexandra is a senior at the University of Tampa as well as the Broadcasting intern for the Tampa Bay Lightning. When she isn't running around the arena setting up equipment, she is the Sports Director for UT's radio station, WUTT. Alexandra is also an active member of the Florida Zeta chapter of Pi Beta Phi, where she serves as the head of the Fraternity Heritage committee. On her off days, you can most likely find her at Starbucks drinking her body weight in Iced White Chocolate Mochas.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us