Pinterest: Pinning, Planning, and Manifesting Your Dream Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Pinterest and I have a very on and off relationship, and we definitely fall in and out of love. We’re currently in our “love” phase as I find myself using it for almost everything. Mood board? Pinterest. Dinner inspo? Pinterest. Nail ideas? Pinterest. The list goes on, which explains exactly why I love the app so much. It’s easy, it’s accessible, and it’s a quick way to plan out exactly what you need—visually—which is my favorite. This is my guide to the perfect Pinterest boards to manifest the life you dream of (within reason, of course.)

Mood Board

My mood board is my absolute favorite board on my Pinterest. I use this one the most and it’s been so helpful in helping me layout exactly what I want my life to look like, in the most creative and aesthetically pleasing way possible. 

Food

As a vegan, I’m always looking for unique recipes and creative ways to create simple college meals on the go. Pinterest is always so helpful to quickly look up dinner ideas when I’m not sure what I’m craving, and an easy way to save ideas for later when I have more time to cook a full meal. 

Beauty

The term beauty is broad and means something different for everyone. For me, it breaks down into a “nails” board and a “hair” board. Every time I go to the nail or hair salon I have a broad selection to choose from of some of my recent favorites, which is always extremely helpful and speeds up the ever-so-difficult decision making process. 

Art + Design

As an Advertising major, this one might be a little niche, but I always find myself intrigued by cool typography, graphics, advertisements, and digital design. It helps me be more creative and feel inspired every time I open the app. 

Room

My interior design taste seems to change almost daily, which is definitely reflected through my “room” board on Pinterest. This board is such a fun way to keep my decor interests up to date and have it help influence what my apartment looks like. 

Pinterest boards are a perfect way to visualize your ideal life in a fun and creative way. I’m obsessed with Pinterest, and recommend that if you aren’t you look into it, and you can even use my board ideas for inspiration. Happy pinning!

Emma is a Senior Advertising and Public Relations major and Women and Gender Studies/Journalism minor at The University of Tampa. She loves the beach, graphic design, photography, and traveling.