People’s Top 10 Songs For When You’re in Your Feelings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

From personal experience and from watching my friends go through it, certain songs just hit differently when you have feelings for someone. I have asked my friends what their top songs are for when they are feeling some type of way with no context, and here are the final results for each person:

Person #1

1. “Disconnected” by 5 Seconds of Summer
  2. “HAZE” by 5 Seconds of Summer
  3. “Flatline” by 5 Seconds of Summer
  4. “Strangers” by Jonas Brothers
  5. “How You Get The Girl” by Taylor Swift
  6. “Sparks Fly (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift
  7. “18” by One Direction
  8. “Lover Of Mine” by 5 Seconds of Summer
  9. “Older” by 5 Seconds of Summer ft. Sierra Deaton
  10. “Wild Heart” or “Rest Your Love” by The Vamps

Person #2

1. “Strangers” by Jonas Brothers
  2. “Just Friends” by Jonas Brothers
  3. “Two Young Hearts” by Sabrina Carpenter 
  4. “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
  5. “Ferris Wheel” by Imagine Dragons
  6. “We’ll Be The Stars” by Sabrina Carpenter
  7. “Count on You” by BTR ft. Jordin Sparks
  8. “Hesitate” by Jonas Brothers
  9. “Just The Way You” Are by Bruno Mars
  10. “Worldwide” by Big Time Rush

Person #3

1. “The Long Way” by Mark Arbor
  2. “18” by One Direction
  3. “Missing Piece” by Vance Joy
  4. “They Don’t Know About Us” by One Direction
  5. “Golden Hour” by JVKE
  6. “Wild Heart” by The Vamps
  7. “You Belong With Me” by Taylor Swift
  8. “Everytime We Touch” by Cascada
  9. “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” by USHER ft. Pitbull
  10. “This Town” by Niall Horan

These three people have some songs and artists in common when it comes to being in their feels. They all listen to some Taylor Swift songs, Person #1 and Person #2 both listen to the Jonas Brothers, especially “Strangers.” Person #1 and #3 both listen to “18” by One Direction and “Wild Heart” by The Vamps. I think it was very interesting to see what songs the three people have in common and how they differ as well because some of the artists were very different compared to others. I wonder what songs other people I know have on their top 10 songs when they like someone.

Maggie Twomey is the student government representative at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She mainly writes articles that cover entertainment and experiences. Outside of HerCampus, Maggie is a junior at the University of Tampa, majoring in Elementary Education. She has worked as a summer camp counselor in the past for grades third, fourth, and fifth and is currently interning at schools in the Tampa area. Maggie enjoys traveling, reading, and painting in her free time. Usually Maggie finds herself reading or listening to a book. You will find that when Maggie is reading she always has a fantasy novel in her hand.